• Photography and Adobe Lightroom training
• Huge experience - leading professional photographer for over 25 years
• Training provider for Canon / Adobe / Phase One / Apple for over 15 years
• Very small groups - everyone gets the attention and help they need.
• Photographer + Guide - for Bird & Wildlife trips, we use dedicated guides.
If you really want to learn how to use your camera, to improve your photographic skills and to use Lightroom to make your pictures look their best, we can help you, whatever your skill level.
We travel and work at a relaxed pace - pictures are important, but this is all about improving your skills, enjoying the experience and seeing beautiful locations. We get 'trophy' pictures, but it is not the whole purpose of our trips. Unless specifically requested, we use real 'wildlife', we do not work from hides.
Scotland is lovely whatever the weather (although we have been know to stop off at a distillery when the weather did get too 'dreich'…), so landscapes can be a part of our week, if that interests you.
During Winter months, Mountain Hare turn white for camouflage in the snow. Photo by Nick Wilcox-Brown
"Great week of high quality photography mentoring from Nick"
" As a result of this course, we are now confidently using Lightroom for simple editing and feel more comfortable exploring its capability.”
"It was a nice small group, run at a relaxed pace with time to reflect and learn."
In our training and depending on the workshop, we cover:
• Camera setup and optimal settings
• Camera skills
• Colour management
• Adobe Lightroom Classic and / or Lightroom CC for Desktop and Mobile devices
• Bird & Wildlife photography skills with Swarovski Digiscoping (optional)
• Landscape photography skills and use of Filters
We are passionate about wildlife, and running workshops in the Highlands of Scotland is a privilege. We work with the best guides in the region, ensuring we find all the key species and that you have ample opportunity to view and photograph them.
Depending on people's interests, we sometimes take a boat trip into the Minch from Gairloch -
this is a 'Bonxie' or Great Skua. Photo by Nick Wilcox-Brown